Monday, February 15, 2010

Stories, of the digital variety.

I have had some trouble finding specfic digital stories that i can personally connect to or find interesting in terms of what i normally enjoy. So, in order to complete the assignment, I have decided to post some ones that I thought were good, although I was underwhelmed (which surprised me, partly due to the fact i couldnt find any about the music/film/sports, etc that i follow almost religiously) by most things I found. But, here goes nothing.
So the first one is from the CDS under the place category, titled Untitled. I thought this was good because she incorporated some moving video along with pictures and also some schnazzy editing to add some more "umph" to the piece. I liked the subtitles obviously, as i do not speak espanol very fluently. But what i liked about the context is that she is able to see where she has been in life and use that as a positive towards her future. I screengrabbed the one scene with the line "its not the road, but the destination that counts" because that is true and all of lifes endeavours. You cant appreciate where you are without knowing from whence you came.

And then, I came across this one titled "First Person Digital Story".

The title didnt catch my attention in any specific way, in fact it was one of the less creative ones I saw but decided to click it anyways. Its the story of a daughter celebrating the death of her father in a most peculiar way. The story is told from the POV of one her co-workers/friends and is an unbridled and unfiltered look at the events that unfolded on this night... I really enjoyed this one, so I hope you do to.

First Person Digital Story from Gavin Atilano on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment