Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Look dem purrty picshures...

So, here we are again. I am little late on this but I was shooting by tribute to A Boy Named Sue lastnight which was a little time consuming and I wont be long here because I am about to go edit into a masterpiece which I figure I'll post here once done. And don't mind this little image to the left here, I just thought it a nice take on the idea of a boy named sue...
So, lets get started:
This image right here is from the flim noir mood I would say. I think it is lit very nicely with the high single key light (kinda gives it the street light on a dark street feel). It gives you enough light to see the brim of the hat all the way around but completely shadowing his eyes and facial features. The light also gives way to the cigarette in his hand. It may or may not be lit but it creates what seems to be the focal point of the image. I really like this type of shot because film noir classics are some of my favorite movies.

Next:
This was just an image I found on the intrawebs and thought it was pretty cool. It looks really overexposed at the top, so much that it is completely white until you begin to see the edge of the water on the horizon. I love the use of the sun as it shines through the opening made between her arm and torso... another thing I liked was how her body cast a shadow on the bottom of the image giving it a extremely vast contrast from the top of the image.

Annnddddd thennnnnnn:

This is an image my friend took this past spring break in destin, fl... That is my hand right there and I have always loved this image. It was a nice sunset on our first night there and there were a bunch of us on the beach for the sunset. I really like this because the sun setting in the background creates a sweet back light. It really makes the peace pop off the image causing it to be the focal point.

....
Some other examples of stills I like are:
John Bell of Widespread Panic...
LeBron James 23

Iron Bowl [36-0]... Can't get prettier than that.
View of FL coast from space...

Rainbow on Black and white....

QUOTE OF THE DAY is from The Deer Hunter (which Kate needs to see):
Michael: Every time he comes up, he's got no knife, he's got no jacket, he's got no pants, he's got no boots. All he's got is that stupid gun he carries around like John Wayne.

No comments:

Post a Comment